Canadian Accountrepreneur Program
1. The Professional Bookkeeper program. The Professional Bookkeeper program is a comprehensive full charge accounting training, specifically focusing on the small business model. It is a 60 hour online course, self paced, taught by Allen Bostrom, CPA. The instructional approach is one of practical hands on training, as that is how Universal has found our students learn best. First, you watch the video lessons with Allen Bostrom, CPA. You will learn the principles of accounting, beginning with the fundamentals, and quickly building principle upon principle, as you go through the full 8 step process of accounting from beginning to end. Next, read the corresponding lessons. This will reinforce and expand upon the video lesson. The third step is to apply that lesson. You will be putting pencil to paper and completing sets of books for a total of 11 different actual businesses as you go through the lessons. You will be exposed to a wide variety of industries, from service to retail, manufacturing, a contractor, a non profit, a car dealership, etc.
There are four modules of learning; after each of the first three modules, you take a practice exam, to measure your comprehension of what you’ve learned thus far. This is a great resource because as soon as you hit the final enter key on your computer, you receive your grade. Also, if you’ve missed questions, it tells you which ones, and where to look up the answers in your book. You have an academic coach that is a toll free phone call (or email) away to support you each and every time questions arise. Then, once you’ve completed the lessons, done the homework, taken the practice exams, you will be ready to go online and take your final certification exam. With 70% or better, you receive your certificate of completion; with 90% or better, you are certified as a Professional Bookkeeper. This professional designation is recognized throughout the US (and Canada) and is something that you can put on your business cards, as well as the website that we build you. It will tell your clients – and your potential clients – that you are someone that has studied, and shown mastery, of full charge accounting for small business.
Module IV of the Professional Bookkeeper program is entitled “How to Build A Successful Accounting Service” and this is where we teach you step by step how to set up your business, provide you 12 proven marketing tools for getting clients, and include a marketing coach to support you for at least 6 months if not a year.
You may watch the video presentation here:
2. The Professional Bookkeeper’s Guide to QuickBooks 2014. This is the “companion course” to The Professional Bookkeeper program and dovetails perfectly. Once you’ve mastered the full charge accounting process manually, it is time to learn the most popular and widely used software of small business America. The QuickBooks course will enable you to do so. It is 30 completion hours, and again, utilizes the 3 step educational approach: watch the video lessons online, read the corresponding lessons, and then apply those lessons. You will learn more than 280 technical aspects of the software; you will also complete 8 of the 11 Professional Bookkeeper case studies, by now setting these companies up in QuickBooks, customizing preferences, setting up the chart of accounts, doing the books, payroll, preparing customized financial reports, making adjusting entries, doing quarterly and year end work, converting from cash to accrual systems, etc. You will gain practical mastery of the software which will enable you to do the work for your clients in an efficient and proficient manner. Again, 4 modules of learning; practice exams after each module, followed by a final certification exam. With 70% or better, you receive your certificate of completion; with 90% or better, you are certified as a QuickBooks Specialist – another nationally recognized credential.
3. The Universal Practice Builder is an advanced marketing training that guides you in the development of a detailed strategic marketing plan, and introduces you to numerous proven marketing techniques that can help you rapidly grow your practice and recognize the financial growth that results. Because Universal has helped over 30,000 individuals build successful accounting and/or tax practices, we know what works, we know what gets results, and we pass those proven marketing techniques along to you so you can quickly and easily grow your practice. The science makes it certain, and the art makes it easy!
You may watch the video presentation here:
BizBench Benchmarking – As a Profit and Growth ExpertTM you will be assisting your small businesses to reduce taxes, manage cash flow, improve profitability and grow their business. Your financial practice will be set apart from other accounting and tax practices with your skills and tools as a Profit and Growth ExpertTM. The Business Assessment, or “business benchmarking”, will be crucial in this process. One of the greatest tools that Universal Accounting provides with the Universal Practice Builder to help establish you as a Profit and Growth ExpertTM is a one year subscription to unlimited BizBench business benchmarking reports. Once you are enrolled as a student, just log in to your BizBench account and enter your clients’ key information from their balance sheet and income statement, as well as the size of their business and their NAICS code, and within minutes you will have a comprehensive report of over 40 pages for them that will benchmark their business in 50 key areas against businesses in the same industry of similar size throughout the US and Canada. CPAs routinely charge $500-1000+ for this analysis. You will have unlimited reporting function so you may (a) generate a stand-alone income stream for your business through business benchmarking, (b) use the report as an excellent marketing tool to attract clients to your benefits-driven services, and/or (c) use the report as an integral part of your client focused consultative practice.
The report includes:
• An Executive Summary outlining their business strengths – where they are above the industry average, and their areas of needed improvement, where they are below the industry standard.
• Detailed comparison of 30 key Balance Sheet and Income Statement figures to industry standard, with tables and easy to read graphs for each comparison.
• Detailed comparison of 20 key ratios in 5 key areas including liquidity ratios, efficiency ratios, operating ratios, financing ratios and profitability ratios.
• A percentile ranking for area that allows measurement of improvement even in strong areas.
• A comprehensive explanation of the meaning and significance of each key measurement,
• And most importantly, a detailed list of action items from which you can choose the most applicable, prioritize and implement with your client to assure improvement in each area that needs improvement.
• BizBench also prepares a layman’s version of the report alongside the comprehensive accountant’s report that you can provide your small business client.
With your enrollment, your courses are delivered to you in two formats: (1) Universal ships you your physical course materials which includes DVD video instruction, together with printed manuals and worksheets, for each of the courses with the exception of the QuickBooks course which is entirely online. (2) You also have the online version of the course materials available to you, so you may choose to study either way: Watching the DVD video lessons, or watching the online video lessons; Reading and highlighting the printed manuals, or reading the online manuals. Your physical course materials become a permanent reference library for you and your business. Also, with your enrollment in the full program, you will receive 24 months of online course access, including annual updates to each course, which allows you to update yourself on the latest tax laws, QuickBooks version, marketing tools, etc. in the coming years.
I invite you to log on to www.uacourses.com/about, and using the temporary user name and password provided, view a sample lesson in each of the course. Not only can you view the video lessons, but also review the workbooks. This will provide you an introduction to the comprehensive and practical hands on educational approach that is unique to Universal Accounting.
One of the marketing tools that Universal Accounting is currently including as a special marketing gift with your enrollment in its program(s) is the customized business website. Universal will build this for you, host it free of charge for the first six months, and teach you how to use it as a dynamic marketing tool for your business! Please learn more here:
WHO IS UNIVERSAL ACCOUNTING?
1. Universal Accounting is pleased to be an affiliate member of The Canadian Bookkeepers Association and is committed to providing our Canadian students with a bookkeeping course that complies with the CBA curriculum requirements. You may learn more here:
2. Universal Accounting Center is registered as a school with the State of Utah. Please find following the list of Utah Division of Consumer Protection
Proprietary Schools. After opening the link, type in Universal Accounting to view our registration: http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/consumerinfo/lists.html?list=PS
3. Universal Accounting was named to Inc. Magazine’s list of Top 500 Fastest Growing Small Businesses in 2006, and has been in the Inc. 500/5000 for the past five years! Universal has also been among the Utah 100 fastest growing privately held companies for the past five years. These accolades are attributable to the tremendous demand nationwide for qualified accounting and tax professionals to service small business America and Universal’s experience and expertise derived from 31+ years experience, but perhaps more importantly it is due to the ethical standards that guide our school as well as the quality of training we have been providing since 1979! Please learn more here:
4. Universal Accounting is pleased to be a member of the Better Business Bureau of Utah with a letter grade rating of “A+,” their highest rating. We are also a member of Dunn & Bradstreet and have a risk score of 79/80 – nearly perfect! Again, this is attributable to the ethical standards that guide us in building win-win relationships with each and every one of our students.
5. Universal Accounting has been approved by the IRS as a continuing education provider for Registered Tax Return Preparers (RTRP Requirement). Please learn more here: http://pitchengine.com/universalaccounting/universal-receives-approval-as-an-irs-continuing-education-provider
WHAT IS UNIVERSAL’S COMMITMENT TO OUR STUDENTS?
Universal’s goal is this: We want you to be in business for yourself, earning the money that you are worth, but not by yourself! Universal’s courses will give you the confidence that you need to build long term profitable relationships with your clients and it is because of this that we have offered, since 1992, Universal’s Iron Clad Guarantee: “If, after completing the course(s), you feel the course(s) didn’t live up to your expectation, simply return the materials to Universal, for a 100% refund of any monies paid.” There is a measurable guarantee with The Universal Practice Builder: “If after following the steps of the Universal Practice Builder for 12 months, you do not have an increase of more than $30,000 in annualized billings, then simply return all materials given and we will refund all monies paid.”
Please enjoy the following success stories of former students of Universal Accounting here: